Editor’s Note: Welcome to the 2013 edition of The 12 Days of Christmas Sweets! Every day from now until Christmas, we’ll bring you a new, scrumptious recipe for a holiday cookie, cake, or other dessert treat. Whether you leave them out for Santa or simply sample them all yourself is up to you, we just encourage you to try them all! Leave your comments below each recipe and upload a photo if you make your own batch at home. Season’s Eatings!
PHILADELPHIA, PA — Christmas wouldn’t be complete without cookies. Big ones, tiny ones, sweet ones, and even sweeter ones. Today’s version combines the best of a simple drop cookie with bits of sweet chocolate, tangy cranberries, and crunchy nuts. It’s got something for everyone in it!
White Chocolate Cranberry Macadamia Cookies
Recipe Courtesy: Taste of Home
Prep/Cook Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 24 cookies
1/3 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup white baking chips
1/2 cup macadamia nuts, chopped (this isn’t in the original recipe, but it’s a great addition!)
1. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars until crumbly, about 2 minutes.
2. Beat in egg and vanilla.
3. Combine the flour, salt and baking soda; gradually add to butter mixture and mix well.
4. Stir in cranberries, chips, and nuts.
5. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray or lined with parchment paper.
6. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks.
Be sure to check back tomorrow for our next holiday recipe – Apricot Rugelach! And if you missed any of our previous recipes in this series, take a moment to check them out below:
Photo credits: Amy Johnson