Editor’s Note: Welcome to the 2013 edition of The 12 Days of Christmas Sweets! Every day from now until Christmas, we’ll bring you a new, scrumptious recipe for a holiday cookie, cake, or other dessert treat. Whether you leave them out for Santa or simply sample them all yourself is up to you, we just encourage you to try them all! Leave your comments below each recipe and upload a photo if you make your own batch at home. Season’s Eatings!
PHILADELPHIA, PA — Today’s feature is a delightful treat for both kids and those of us who are kids at heart! It’s a sweet confection that you can set up as a children’s project or to add a little bit of a whimsical nature to your dessert table. Marshmallow pops can be made with white or regular chocolate, your choice! And the options for things to sprinkle on top are only limited to your imagination. Have fun!
Recipe Courtesy: The Pioneer Woman
Prep/Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 12 servings
1 package Almond Bark (white Or Chocolate) Or Meltable Candy Wafers
Sprinkles, Chopped Nuts, Chopped Pretzels, Chopped Candy, Etc.
Lollipop Sticks (sold In Craft Stores)
1. Melt the chocolate or white (or both) almond bark in a double boiler.
2. One by one, dip the very tip of the lollipop stick into the melted chocolate.
3. Immediately push that end of the stick into the marshmallow until it’s not quite all the way through. Repeat with the rest of the marshmallows, standing them up as you go.
4. Roll the marshmallow in the chocolate to coat it, then tap the stick gently on the side of the double boiler to get rid of the excess.
5. Using your fingers, sprinkle the topping of your choice all over the chocolate. Set them stick side up on a piece of waxed paper OR stick them into that crazy florist stuff that makes flowers stand up. It’s that easy!
Be sure to check back tomorrow for our next holiday recipe – Almond and Lemon Biscotti Dipped in White Chocolate! And if you missed any of our previous recipes in this series, take a moment to check them out below:
Day 1 – Apple Spice Cake with Cream Cheese Icing
Day 2 – White Chocolate Cranberry Macadamia Cookies
Day 3 – Apricot Rugelach
Day 4 – Hot Cocoa Cake
Day 5 – Eggnog-Panettone Bread Pudding
Day 6 – Cherry-Pineapple Upside Down Cake
Photo credits: Amy Johnson