Editor’s Note: Welcome to the 2013 edition of The 12 Days of Christmas Treats! Every day from now until Christmas, we’ll bring you a new, scrumptious recipe for a holiday cookie, cake, or other dessert treat. Whether you leave them out for Santa or simply sample them all yourself is up to you, we just encourage you to try them all! Leave your comments below each recipe and upload a photo if you make your own batch at home. Season’s Eatings!
PHILADELPHIA, PA — It’s finally here: Christmas Eve! After a few weeks of pre-holiday flurries and shopping and planning and organizing, the big night has finally arrived. And so has my favorite Christmas baking recipe! (We’ve even included a slight variation at the bottom of the page!) Sit back, relax, pour a glass of milk and enjoy some old-fashioned, traditional chocolate chip cookies with your family while you wait for a jolly old elf to come down the chimney. From all of us here at Hockey Pub, Merry Christmas to you!
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe Courtesy: VeryBestBaking.com
Prep/Cook Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 60 cookies
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 12-oz. pkg. NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
1. Preheat oven to 375° F. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
2. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy.
3. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels.
4. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets. (I like to use parchment paper for easy cleanup.)
5. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
6. PAN COOKIE VARIATION: Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Prepare dough as above. Spread into prepared pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack. Makes 4 dozen bars.
Thanks for baking your way through the 12 Days of Christmas Treats with us! If you missed any of our previous recipes in this series, take a moment to check them out below:
Day 1 – Apple Spice Cake with Cream Cheese Icing
Day 2 – White Chocolate Cranberry Macadamia Cookies
Day 3 – Apricot Rugelach
Day 4 – Hot Cocoa Cake
Day 5 – Eggnog-Panettone Bread Pudding
Day 6 – Cherry-Pineapple Upside Down Cake
Day 7 – Marshmallow Pops
Day 8 – Almond and Lemon Biscotti Dipped in White Chocolate
Day 9 – Almond Orange Shortbread
Day 10 – Santa’s Snickers
Day 11 – Nut Tassies
Photo credits: Amy Johnson