PHILADELPHIA, PA — Looking to spice things up this holiday season? Well then we’ve got just the recipe for you today! This cookie comes to us from Erica (@HabItHerWay), a staff writer at AllHabs.net. She recommends these peanut butter cookies that pack a punch because, “It’s perfect for the kind of person who puts hot sauce on everything. The sriracha adds a lot of flavour when you first bite into it, and you don’t think it’s that spicy until BAM! The heat hits the back of your mouth. It’s not like any other Christmas cookie you’ll see this year.”
Sriracha Peanut Butter Cookies
Recipe courtesy of TheSugarPixie.net
Prep time: 20 minutes
Makes about 5 dozen cookies
1 cup unsalted butter (softened)
1 1/2 cups crunchy peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar (packed)
1/4 c Sriracha
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 3/4 to 3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
Granulated sugar for dipping dough balls into
Optional: 1-2 cups chocolate chips to add to dough.
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F. Cream together butter, peanut butter and sugars.
2. Slowly add in sriracha, eggs and vanilla. Beat until combined.
3. In another bowl mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
4. Gently mix flour into peanut butter mixture until well combined. Place batter into refrigerator for 1 hour to chill.
5. Roll dough into approx 1″ sized balls. Dip the top of dough ball into granulated sugar and place onto cookie sheet.
6. Flatten each ball with a fork, making a criss-cross pattern. Bake for 10 minutes or just until the cookies begin to brown. Cool on wire racks and enjoy!
Be sure to check back tomorrow for our next holiday cookie recipe: Easy Jam-Filled Cookies! And if you missed any of our previous recipes in this series, be sure to check them out below:
Photo credits: Amy Johnson & myfoodrox.blogspot.com