PHILADELPHIA, PA — It’s hard to believe, but Christmas is here! We hope you’ve enjoyed this year’s journey through the 12 Days of Christmas Cookies as much as we have. Our final recipe is an “oldie but goodie” – a traditional chocolate chip cookie recipe that’s perfect to leave out for Santa Claus. (They’re also really good to make ice cream sandwiches with!) From all of us here at Hockey Pub, Merry Christmas!
The Original NESTLE TOLL HOUSE Chocolate Chip Cookie
Recipe courtesy of VeryBestBaking.com
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 12-oz. pkg. NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl and set aside.
2. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
4. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets (use parchment paper for easy cleanup).
5. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Thanks for baking your way through the 12 Days of Christmas Cookies with us! If you missed any of our previous recipes in this series, take a moment to check them out below:
Day 1 – Golden Chocolate Chunk Nutty Bars
Day 2 – Inception Brownies
Day 3 – Traditional Butter Cookies
Day 4 – Devil’s Food Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
Day 5 – Sriracha Peanut Butter Cookies
Day 6 – Easy Jam-Filled Cookies
Day 7 – Raspberry Cheesecake Bars
Day 8 – Eggnog Cookies
Day 9 – Maid of Honor Tarts
Day 10 – Easy Chocolate Fudge
Day 11 – Date Nut Bars
Photo credit: Amy Johnson