PHILADELPHIA, PA — Today we’ve got a “devilishly” good cookie recipe for you but don’t worry, it won’t put you on Santa’s naughty list! Actually, if you whip up a few batches of these this week you might just find yourself on a few more “nice” lists. I know there are plenty of you out there who live for chocolate…and perhaps even more of you who clamor for chocolate mixed with peanut butter. Well this recipe is your ticket to a fast and easy way to satisfy your craving!
Devil’s Food Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
Recipe courtesy of AllRecipes.com
Prep time: 20 minutes (includes baking time)
Makes 2-3 dozen
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup shortening (I prefer to use butter, but either one is fine)
1 pkg devil’s food cake mix
2 cups peanut butter chips (I used a mix of semi-sweet chocolate chips and peanut butter chips)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. With an electric mixer, beat the eggs, vanilla and shortening (or butter) with half of the cake mix until light and fluffy.
3. Mix in the remaining cake mix and then stir in the chocolate and/or peanut butter chips.
4. Drop cookie dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet. (I prefer to use parchment paper for quick and easy cleanup.)
5. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in preheated oven. Remove from cookie sheets immediately and allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
Be sure to check back tomorrow for our next holiday cookie recipe: Sriracha Peanut Butter Cookies! And if you missed any of our previous recipes in this series, be sure to check them out below:
Photo Credit: Amy Johnson